1960 Experimental Flying Laboratory

Lavochkin are a Russian aerospace company founded in 1937.The company are currently a major contributor to the Russian space program, but in the late 1950’s and 1960’s they developed a series of rocket propelled missiles.  This one was in fact a flying laboratory used for scientific research, it was based on the S-75 surface to air missile used to defend Russia during the Cold War.  A really interesting piece of aerospace history this piece is 10.9m in length and is made of titanium, aluminium and steel.

 

Aerospace & Aviation 2019

Image Credit: Summers Place Auction House

Source: Summers Place Auction House

AUCTION HAS NOW CLOSED

adminlunar100