1940’s Tilley & Co FL6 Flood Light

In the early 1800’s John Tilley invented a new kind of lamp that used a hydro-pneumatic pipe.This invention went on to be used in the Tilley lamps commonly seen on campsites the world over.  But in the 1900’s the company moved into the production of more powerful flood lights.  Used extensively by the Royal Air Force during World War 2 these lamps would light landing strips for night landing operations.  This lamp has been converted to electric and mounted on a tripod, its a really smart statement piece lamp for any domestic setting. 

 

FIND OUT MORE AT SUMMERS PLACE AUCTIONS

 

Aerospace & Aviation 2019

Image Credit: Summers Place Auction House

Source: Summers Place Auction House

AUCTION HAS NOW CLOSED

adminlunar100